PluriQ™ Media for Stem Cells
Pluripotent stem cells require optimized culture media to support consistent proliferation and maintenance of pluripotency. Each lot of cell culture medium and associated reagents from MTI-GlobalStem is rigorously tested to our PluriQ™ standards for quality, purity, and performance to ensure the stable expansion of embryonic stem cells and iPSC over multiple passages in an undifferentiated state.
Each lot of PluriQ™ Medium undergoes testing for:
- Expected proliferation and maintenance of pluripotency over multiple passages
Available PluriQ™ Media options:
For Growth on Feeders
- PluriQ™ ES-DMEM/F12 Medium (GSM-1002) – a modified version of the DMEM/F12 basal media formulation for culturing human pluripotent ES and iPS cell lines, backed by PluriQ™ quality testing. Requires addition of Fetal Bovine Serum plus FGF-2.
- PluriQ™ ES-DMEM Medium (GSM-2001) - classic formulation optimized for mouse ES cell culture. Requires addition of Fetal Bovine Serum plus mLIF.
For Feeder-Free Growth
- PluriQ™ Human Cell Conditioned Medium (GSM-9200) - a serum-free conditioned medium optimized and verified for feeder-free growth of human pluripotent stem cells.
- PluriQ™ Mouse Fibroblast Conditioned Medium (GSM-9100) - a serum-free conditioned medium designed for feeder-free culture of human pluripotent stem cells.
For Feeder-Free Xeno-Free Growth
- PluriQ™ G9™ Reprogramming Medium Kit (GSK-9002) - a defined, xeno-free, feeder-free medium used for reprogramming somatic cells into pluripotent cells in vitro.
- PluriQ™ G9™ Maintenance Medium Kit (GSK-9001) - a defined, xeno-free, feeder-free medium used for expansion and maintenance of human ES and human iPSC in vitro on defined substrates, such as our G9™ VTN Recombinant (Vitronectin).
- PluriQ™ G9™ Cloning Medium (GSM –9020) (100 mL) supports single cell plating and clonal expansion of human iPSC or ES cells.
For Feeder-Free Xeno-Free Growth and Gene Editing
- PluriQ™ G9™ Gene Editing System (GSK-9003) - The PluriQ™ G9™ Gene Editing System is a complete system for culturing and transfecting human pluripotent stem cells for gene editing. The system includes the G9™ Maintenance Medium and G9™ VTN Recombinant (Vitronectin) plate coating for culturing human induced pluripotent (iPS) or embryonic stem (hES) cells in a manner that maximizes transfection with the included EditPro™ Stem Transfection Reagent to efficiently deliver DNA, RNA and Protein genome editing complexes.
CryoPreservation of Pluripotent Stem Cells
- PluriQ™ hESC Freeze Medium (GSM-4200) -provides reliable post‐thaw viability for human pluripotent stem cells.
- PluriQ™ mESC Freeze Medium (GSM-4100) -provides reliable post‐thaw viability for mouse pluripotent stem cells.
Associated Supplements, Growth Factors and Reagents
- G9™ VTN Recombinant (GSR-2070)- Vitronectin matrix for feeder-free culture of human ESC and iPSC
- G9™ Versene Solution (GSM-1101) - optimized for releasing human pluripotent stem cells off recombinant matrices, using gentle EDTA dissociation.
- Mouse Leukemia Inhibitory Factor (mLIF) (GSR-7001) promotes long-term maintenance of mouse pluripotent stem cells by suppressing spontaneous differentiation. Xeno-free.
- Human FGF-2 Recombinant Protein (GSR-2001) promotes long-term maintenance and propagation of undifferentiated human embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells. Xeno-free.