NeuralQ® minus Phenol Red
serum-free basal medium formulated for optimal growth and survival of primary and iPSC-derived neural cells in culture, and based on the previously published formulation by Brewer et al.1. This media is intended to be supplemented with GS21™ Neural Supplement (GSM-3100), along with other standard neuronal growth factor supplements, for best performance.
- Fluorescence imaging applications
- Applications were phenol red may inhibit cell growth
Supports Healthy Primary Neurons in Culture
Image 1. Healthy, maturing primary rat neurons in culture - NeuralQ® Basal Medium supports maximum viability and healthy of primary rat neurons during short and longer-term culture.
Image 2. NeuralQ® supports development of mature neurons - Above images of primary rat neurons (Map2ab, green) cultured 15 days in NeuralQ™ Basal Medium shows healthy, mature neurons in culture.
Outperforms Neurobasal® Medium in Long-Term Cultures
Image 3. NeuralQ® outperforms Neurobasal® Medium - Above images of primary rat neurons (Map2ab, green) were cultured 3 weeks in NeuralQ® Basal Medium (panel A) or Neurobasal (panel B) and supplemented with GS21™ Neural Supplement. The above data shows NeuralQ® Basal Medium significantly outperforms Neurobasal in supporting neurons growth (green) during long term culture. GFAP staining (red) and Hoechst (blue) label astrocytes and nuclei, respectively.
Significantly Better Support of Primary Mouse Cortical Neurons
Reference: Brewer, G.J., Torricelli, J.R., Evege, E.K. and Price, P.J. Optimized survival of hippocampal neurons in B27-supplemented Neurobasal™, A new serum-free medium combination. J. Neurosci. Res.35: 567-576 (1993).
- Barratt, H. E., Budnick, H. C., Parra, R., Lolley, R. J., Perry, C. N., & Nesic, O. (2016). Tamoxifen promotes differentiation of oligodendrocyte progenitors in vitro. Neuroscience.
- Huang, J. Y., Wang, K., Vermehren-Schmaedick, A., Adelman, J. P., & Cohen, M. S. (2016). PARP6 is a Regulator of Hippocampal Dendritic Morphogenesis. Scientific reports, 6.
- Pellett, S., Schwartz, M. P., Tepp, W. H., Josephson, R., Scherf, J. M., Pier, C. L., ... & Johnson, E. A. (2015). Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derived Neuronal Cells Cultured on Chemically-Defined Hydrogels for Sensitive In Vitro Detection of Botulinum Neurotoxin. Scientific reports, 5.
NeuralQ & GS21 are registered Molecular Transfer, Inc trademark products
|Recommended Use||Basal medium minus phenol red for long-term growth and survival of primary and iPSC-derived neurons in culture. Recommended for applications where phenol red may inhibit cell growth; Florescence imaging applications.|
|Product Unit||Bottle, sterile-filtered|
|Storage||Refrigerate at 4°C|
|Quality Testing||Sterility, bacterial and fungal testing|
|Other||Not intended for human or animal diagnostic or therapeutic uses|
NeuralQ® Basal Medium minus Phenol Red (1X)
- Product Code: GSM-9421
- Availability: In Stock