NuFF: Newborn Human Foreskin Fibroblasts
The success of maintaining human ESC and iPSC begins with propagating healthy feeder cultures. Our human newborn fibroblasts (NuFF)are long lifespan cells and idea as feeder cell support of pluripotent stem cells in culture. NuFF feeder cells support and maintain human ESC and iPSC in the undifferentiated state. Untreated NuFF cells are mitotically and metabolically active. For mitotically inactive NuFF , use NuFF-IRR or NuFF Mito-C.
- Metabolically, Mitotically Active – Feeder cells are untreated for your specific experimental needs.
- Consistent Performance – Our standardized manufacturing process yields low passage cells which consistently maintain ES and iPS cell cultures in an undifferentiated state.
- Safe Handling – Our comprehensive contamination tests include human pathogen and Mycoplasma detection, keeping your lab safe from contamination.
- Negative for bacterial/fungal contamination
- Negative for Mycoplasma – PCR assay
- Negative for human pathogens
- Post thaw viability: typically greater than 95%
Recommended PlatingThe recommended seeding density is 2 x 104 to 3 x 104 cells/cm2; however, please follow the culture instructions provided with the specific ESC or iPSC lines that you are using. These cells should be plated 24 hours prior to plating the ES cells and can be used for 7–10 days. If the feeder cells are too sparse, they may not maintain the pluripotent cells without differentiation, and the pluripotent cells may not attach well. If the MEF are too dense, the feeder layer may detach from the plate, and the culture will be lost.
Save Time and MoneySave time and trouble dealing with an animal facility, performing tedious and time-consuming dissections and the time required to expand and test the cells. Day after day – week after week. Focus on your research.
Safe handlingWork with confidence. Our comprehensive contamination tests include human pathogen and Mycoplasma detection. This significantly minimizes the threat of contamination in your lab allowing you to work with greater confidence.
- MacArthur CC, Fontes A, Ravinder N, Kuninger D, Kaur J, Bailey M, Taliana A,2 Vemuri MC, and Lieu PT (2012) Generation of human-induced pluripotent stem cells by a nonintegrating RNA Sendai virus vector in feeder-free or xeno-free conditions, Stem Cells International Article ID 564612, 9 pages, doi:10.1155/2012/564612.
- Hielscher AC, Qiu C, Gerecht S (2012) Breast cancer cell-derived matrix supports vascular morphogenesis, Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 302 (8) C1243-C1256.
- Mandal PK and Rossi DJ (20130 Reprogramming human fibroblasts to pluripotency using modified mRNA, Nature Protocols 8, 568-582.
- Hielscher A, Ellis K, Qiu C, Porterfield J, and Gerecht S (2016) Fibronectin Deposition Participates in Extracellular Matrix Assembly and Vascular Morphogenesis PLoS One. 2016 Jan 26;11(1):e0147600.
|Recommended Use||Maintenance of undifferentiated ESC and iPSC lines|
|Cell Source||Human Foreskin|
|Product Unit||Cryopreserved Vial|
|Size||4-5 million cells/vial|
|Storage||Vapor phase of liquid nitrogen|
|Quality Testing||Tested for high efficient maintenance of human pluripotent cells, sterility, human pathogens, mycoplasma, post thaw viability|
Human Fibroblasts 4M Untreated D12
- Product Code: GSC-3002
- Availability: In Stock