Primary Rat Neural Stem Cells - 2M
Primary neural stem cells isolated from the cortical neuroepithelium of the fetal rat (embryonic day 14) at P0. They are reproducible and multipotent. After plating, the cells are ready for expansion or differentiation into neurons, astrocytes and oligodendrocytes. They can be transfected, transplanted or differentiated into electrically active neurons. We take care of everything from dissection and isolation to cryopreservation. Plus, we perform extensive quality control and performance testing on every batch.
- Doubling time: 18 hours
- Medium renewal: Every two days add 10 ng/mL FGF-2 every day.
- Complete growth medium: N2 / DMEM-F12 plus 10 ng/mL FGF-2
- Subculture frequency: Every 3–4 days
- Cryopreservation medium: N2 / DMEM-F12 plus 10% DMSO.
Undirected differentiation to neurons, astrocytes and oligodendrocytes can be achieved by the withdrawal of the mitogen basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF).
Figure 1. Differentiated Rat Neural Stem Cells, co-stained for the neuronal marker, MAP2(red), and the astrocyte marker, GFAP (green). The nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
Figure 2. Differentiated Rat Neural Stem Cells, co-stained for the neuronal marker, Tuß3(left, green), and the astrocyte marker, GFAP (right, green). The nuclei in both images are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Slotkin TA, Skavicus S, Card J, Di Giulio RT, Seidler FJ. In vitro models reveal differences in the developmental neurotoxicity of an environmental polycylic aromatic hydrocarbon mixture compared to benzo [a] pyrene: Neuronotypic PC12 Cells and embryonic neural stem cells. Toxicology. 2017 Feb 15;377:49-56.
- Slotkin TA, Skavicus S, Card J, Levin ED, Seidler FJ. Diverse Neurotoxicants Target the Differentiation of Embryonic Neural Stem Cells into Neuronal and Glial Phenotypes. Toxicology. 2016 Nov 2.
|Recommended Use||Neural differentiation|
|Type||Rat Sprague-Dawley E14 cortex|
|Product Unit||Cryopreserved vial|
|Size||1 vial, >1 million cells|
|Quality Testing||Tested for healthy undifferentiated growth, sterility, Mycoplasma, post-thaw viability|
Primary Rat Neural Stem Cells
- Product Code: GSC-8010
- Availability: In Stock